Independent Study/Course by Special Arrangement

Policy requires that a student must register for an independent study/course by special arrangement within the first three (3) weeks of the semester. The course description, syllabus and method of evaluation must be provided. Signatures of Faculty, Chairperson and Dean are required.

Directed Independent Study Courses

Students desiring to enroll in departmental Independent Study projects must register for the course by filing an Independent Study/Course by Special Arrangement form, available from the Registrar's Office. This form requires a description of each project and must be approved by the faculty member, department chairperson, and the Dean of Undergraduate Studies. FRESHMEN ARE INELIGIBLE. Students may take only one independent study in any given semester and not more than four in their undergraduate work at Westfield State College. Students must register for the Independent Study credits within the first three (3)weeks of the semester.